Reagent refills

BOCswu

May 8, 2017
Bradenton/Florida
I hope this is the right location to post. I'm looking for a trusted online pool supply store for reagent refills. Amazon can be hit or miss. Top complaint for amazon is the "best by" use date is expired or expiring soon. Thanks.

edit:
I currently have a Taylor K-2005 kit

Last edited:
Just to be fair to other vendors, I have used Amato Industries before and they always shipped reagents that were fresh -

And I have also gotten reagents from Mark's Pool Store. Both those vendors do sell on Amazon but you will pay a markup in price over their own online shops ('cuz Jeff Bezos has to get his cut to fund his rocket ships...)

Reactions: Newdude
Some members in Europe have used freight forwarding companies.

In New Zealand, I believe Clear Choice Labs in Australia will ship to you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Speaking of refills, any word on if TFtestkits is doing the normal spring sale on reagent refills? I thought it was usually the first week of March.

Speaking of refills, any word on if TFtestkits is doing the normal spring sale on reagent refills? I thought it was usually the first week of March.
Got an email yesterday about the sale...

Now through the end of March, enjoy this can’t-miss opportunity to stock up on your pool testing needs, just in time for peak pool season. No promo or discount codes are necessary - applicable items have already been discounted on TFTestkits.net. Free shipping is available for orders exceeding $100! Sale ends March 31st, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST.

Reactions: proavia
Found it! I don't know why but it was in my spam folder. Need to figure out if gmail did that or outlook so I don't miss it next year. Thanks!

Reactions: HermanTX
I am thinking about moving on from the simple digital LaMotte ColorQ Pro 7 2056 to the more accurate Taylor K-2006. I am not looking forward to the drop counting or color reading, but accuracy is better. I went to TF Test Kits, and the following message was at the top:
"The chemistry found in these refills is identical to the chemistry in the Taylor refill section. They are packaged differently. The TFTestkit refills are larger and a better value but will not fit in the Taylor kit box."
Does anyone experience this issue? If so, how did you handle? Separate box or bag?

I am thinking about moving on from the simple digital LaMotte ColorQ Pro 7 2056 to the more accurate Taylor K-2006. I am not looking forward to the drop counting or color reading, but accuracy is better. I went to TF Test Kits, and the following message was at the top:
"The chemistry found in these refills is identical to the chemistry in the Taylor refill section. They are packaged differently. The TFTestkit refills are larger and a better value but will not fit in the Taylor kit box."
Does anyone experience this issue? If so, how did you handle? Separate box or bag?
They sell a container that holds the bottles. Just get the whole kit.

FWIW, the only color matching test is the pH. All the rest are color changing. Pink to clear, red to blue, etc.

Reactions: Animal827
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.