Readings posted...Is my SWG working?

That really points at no FC is being made. I am going to guess the pump was on when you pulled the water but want to make sure. What are your testing with?

How does your water look?

Until you get this figured out you will want to add liquid chlorine so the green algae monster does not find your pool.

Kim:kim:

That really points at no FC is being made. I am going to guess the pump was on when you pulled the water but want to make sure. What are your testing with?

How does your water look?

Until you get this figured out you will want to add liquid chlorine so the green algae monster does not find your pool.

Yes pump was on. I use the TF100 kit

Water is a little cloudy

Your CYA is not up to par with a SWG average, aim for 70ppm. After that add chlorine to reach 7ppm. Dont leave the SWG at superchlorination level for too long, it just degrades your cell faster. Aim for 60%. After that keep testing daily for FC and post results.

Felipe

Your CYA is not up to par with a SWG average, aim for 70ppm. After that add chlorine to reach 7ppm. Dont leave the SWG at superchlorination level for too long, it just degrades your cell faster. Aim for 60%. After that keep testing daily for FC and post results.

Felipe

Thanks everyone. SWG is pretty old...we have had it for nearly 4 years and who knows how long the person before us. I will bring up the FC today and post results tomorrow. I pulled water directly from the return (I have a line plumbed in for the water slide) and same reading with the SWG on SuperChlorinate for 2 days....

Get out the wallet then.....time for a new one I bet. When you go looking for one get one that is rated for about double the size of your pool. That will help you in the long run as the pump will not have to run as much and the cell will last longer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.