Re-wiring Intellicenter for separate control of lights.

Feaker

Gold Supporter
Dec 7, 2019
Austin
I had my intellicenter installed by my pool installer and didn't think to ask to have the bubbler lights setup on a separate transformer so that I could control them separately. If I understand correctly, I need to add a 15amp GCFI breaker and a pentair transformer then wire it through an available aux. Then I need to figure out which lights plugged into the existing transformer are the bubblers and connect them to the new transformer.

I haven't installed a GCFI breaker before but that doesn't seem like Rocket science. This all sounds pretty simple. Is it?

Installing a GFCI CB is halfway between simple and rocket science.

You need to understand that the neutral gets connected differently then a normal CB. A 120V GFCI CB has a pigtail that connects to the neutral bar. Then you connect both the hot wire and neutral to the appropriate terminal on the CB.

A normal CB just has a hot wire connection and neutral goes directly to the neutral bar.

You know where your pool light junction box is?

You can power another transformer through a relay from the existing light CB.

So I can just come off the output of that breaker into a different relay then and avoid adding another breaker. That make s a lot of sense and seems even easier. I'll take a couple pics and add them to the thread.

Installing a GFCI CB is halfway between simple and rocket science.

You need to understand that the neutral gets connected differently then a normal CB. A 120V GFCI CB has a pigtail that connects to the neutral bar. Then you connect both the hot wire and neutral to the appropriate terminal on the CB.

A normal CB just has a hot wire connection and neutral goes directly to the neutral bar.

You know where your pool light junction box is?

You can power another transformer through a relay from the existing light CB.

So I can just come off the output of that breaker into a different relay then and avoid adding another breaker. That make s a lot of sense and seems even easier. I'll take a couple pics and add them to the thread.

Not the output side of the breaker.

Wire from the LINE side of the existing relay used to the LINE side of the relay for the bubbler light.

Connect the wire from the LOAD side of the bubbler relay to the bubbler transformer and to the bubbler light. Exactly how you do that depends on how the wiring was done. You need to see how the neutrals were connected with the light and transformers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.