Gold Supporter
May 20, 2018
SE, Kansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Getting ready to install new VSP, trying to figure out how to setup the plumbing, I want to use a Jandy valve. I have two suction lines coming from pool, one main drain and one skimmer. They are now connected to each other with a 1 1/2 inch “T” with each having its own shutoff valve. To give the new pump more of a straight run before the pump inlet, I would like to install a Jandy valve further from the inlet.
On the pic, can I just elbow the pipe on the left and run it into a Jandy valve installed on the pipe on the right? With this setup would I still be able to control the draw of water from each pipe? Example: could I draw 75% from the skimmer and 25% from the main and vice versa? I have no other water features other than a side cleaner (Polaris).

Attachments

• 80A78591-B172-4D62-88D5-B71F3A319941.jpeg
    80A78591-B172-4D62-88D5-B71F3A319941.jpeg
    525.3 KB · Views: 30
  • A61E1884-3048-4A3A-9ED5-7792D0DB54BF.jpeg
    A61E1884-3048-4A3A-9ED5-7792D0DB54BF.jpeg
    561.7 KB · Views: 30
I would think that would work just fine. The Jandy valves come with a stop on the handle rotation that prevents shutting off the center port (since usually that is the port that runs to the pump). But you can remove the 8 screws that hold the valve assembly to the body and rotate the assembly 90 degrees to fix that. (Set it so branch running to the pump can't be shut off).

I would think that would work just fine. The Jandy valves come with a stop on the handle rotation that prevents shutting off the center port (since usually that is the port that runs to the pump). But you can remove the 8 screws that hold the valve assembly to the body and rotate the assembly 90 degrees to fix that. (Set it so branch running to the pump can't be shut off).
Thanks Flynwill. I was wondering about the flow being off with the piping not matching the main outlet on the valve. But if I can turn it like you suggest that should work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.