Re-calibrate Aqua-Rite

Goldenlake

Jun 8, 2022
Ottawa
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Moved from HERE

I have an Aqua-Rite SWG, the replacement T-15 cell is aprox 4 years. The problem I'm having this year is the Salt reading is way off. It keeps dropping to 1900 to 2200 and stops generating. 2 different pool stores have told me 3200 and 3100. I've re-calibrated it several times and after several hours it always ends up back at the too low reading and it stops generating. I've checked the Voltage and Amps and they all falling within specs, current reading is 24.6 Volts and 4.10 Amps. I've cleaned the cell to no avail. Is this Cell already dead/dying or is there anything else I can try before buying a new one? 4 years seems like an awfully short lifespan for these.
Hello, did you ever solve this problem ? I keep having the same problem with the recalibration not holding and dropping below the actual salt level

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TFP.

The Hayward systems do not "calibrate".

You can set the "Instant Salt" (the instantaneous reading) as the new "average" and it starts building a new average off of that. It is handy if you make a big adjustment to the salt. But it doesn't calibrate the cell in any discernible way.

If it were doing a calibration, you'd have to give it more than 1 sample to look at. The salt reading from the unit is computed from Volts, Amps, and Temperature. It does not have an independent temp-compensated conductivity probe.

Look at this thread on how to reset the readings for the Aquarite

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.