Raypak - Sensor Failure - Water Temp 104F

Jun 18, 2018
New York
Hello,

I have a RayPak inground pool heater R336 that is two years old.

I just opened our pool and everything was running fine and the heater was functioning.

I go out yesterday morning and the heater is off, the pool water temperature is 74F (per thermometer in the pool) , but the heater display on the heater says the water temp is 104F. It also displays "SENSOR FAILURE".

I turned the heater off at the display panel.

So I took the temperature sensor out, it had a little corrosion on the tip so I took some fine sandpaper and cleaned it up.

I reinserted the temperature sensor, turned the heater back on and still the display shows "sensor failure along with the wrong water temperature.

I did not have time yesterday to remove the control panel and try resitting the wire terminal connections.

Should I assume that I need to replace the temperature sensor PN 009577F?

I normally have the pool temp set to 84F, in the photo I had increased the Pool Set Temp to be 101F in an attempt to get the heater to run.

Thank you,
Joby

Attachments

• IMG_2241.jpg
    IMG_2241.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2246.jpg
    IMG_2246.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: mrsfluff
I just wanted to reply and say replacing the temperature sensor PN 009577F fixed the problem.

Wifey will be happy now her pool is 84-degrees :cool:

Thank you
Hi there. I'm having the same problem. I had someone on another thread help me diagnose the problem, pretty sure it is the temp sensor but if not it's the control board. I am not expert, obviously. I replaced my igniter a few years ago and that was not fun. So now here I am again facing another unknown. I saw you had posted pictures of your heater when it was open but it was up close and I was unable to see enough to navigate. I was wondering if you could give me a little direction as to where I am going in. Facing the unit, is it the right hand side with the plumbing? If so, then what? How do I get in there? Once I do, is there anything I have to move? I think I saw where you said you had to move another part to get to the sensor. Thank you much!

Hi I'm having the same temp sensor failure. I'm going to order the sensor can someone tell me where it is located? Thanks

Hi there. I'm having the same problem. I had someone on another thread help me diagnose the problem, pretty sure it is the temp sensor but if not it's the control board. I am not expert, obviously. I replaced my igniter a few years ago and that was not fun. So now here I am again facing another unknown. I saw you had posted pictures of your heater when it was open but it was up close and I was unable to see enough to navigate. I was wondering if you could give me a little direction as to where I am going in. Facing the unit, is it the right hand side with the plumbing? If so, then what? How do I get in there? Once I do, is there anything I have to move? I think I saw where you said you had to move another part to get to the sensor. Thank you much!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.