I'm praying that removing the LoNox tab is the right thing to do. My manual says Atmopheric Models P-R185B - P-R405B and C-R185B - P-R405B then it lists the LoNOx models, same numbers but ending in BL. Somebody posted earlier that a LoNOx is 3 feet high with a blower and atmopheric is 4 feet high without. Mine is 4 feet high, no blower...I assume then that I have to remove the tab. HELP!!! Do I remove the tab???
Hang on! I just measured the height. It’s 36” not counting the top piece & vent. So now I’m really confused.

I just got through doing a painless return through Amazon. I first started by contacting the vendor direct for an expedited replacement of a bad (new) part. That was a mistake. 2 min on the phone with Amazon, refund on the way... If you get a bad part through Amazon, dont try to get a replacement, just return it and order from another vendor, Amazon will usually provide (at least) a half dozen for the same part. That way, you wont have to wait for the turn around, and you'll get it in about two days.
Ok...so.........I DID IT!!!!!!! :) :) :) It wasn't the half hour job a lot of folks said it was...because I wasn't sure about the tab. And it was VERY hard to get the plugs off the pins. Yikes. I had to slowly pry that big one off, took a little doin. So because I wasn't sure about the tab, and I know removing it would have cost me if I did so in error, I decided to leave it alone, install the board, and see if I get an error code. And voila! No error code! So far, it's been running about two hours. What I did notice, tho, is that the temp reading is 5 degrees higher than my pool thermometer. It used to be a 3 degree difference. I'm thinking that maybe the sensor might be picking up the outside temp since I was never able to get it all the way in. But that's ok. One thing at a time! lol It is very hot right now, still in the 80's as I type at 9:18PM. Tomorrow, there will be a cold front coming in with a high in the mid to high 70's. I will be able to know then if my theory is correct.

Meanwhile...

I want to THANK YOU SO MUCH for helping me!!! I am a person who always helps others and rarely gets the favor returned. I also rarely ask for help. So this means a lot. A real lot. I know I asked a lot of questions, took up a good deal of your time. I want you to know it's greatly appreciated. Here is my email: [email protected]. Please reach out, I'd like to send you something. DON'T SAY NO! It's the least I can do. :)

Thank you for that! Mine is def not the LoNOx. Which I didn't think it was. But the instructions for the board were very confusing regarding the model numbers. And my unit isn't 4 feet tall as was previously stated. I think they might have goofed on the board instruction page that pertained to mine bc it listed all the numbers followed by B then a comma followed by LoNOx. So there was a page for propane, a page for the models ending is A and then a page for B's....but both A and B said LoNOx. Huh??? But it was stated differently for A and B, so I'm not really sure what that is about. I just decided to leave the tab, install the board, and if I got a code, I would take it back out and remove it. And thank goodness that I am not impulsive! Bc the tab stays. The heater is thus far working. I'm not throwing a parade quite yet. But it looks promising. Thank you for taking the time to help me out! I really appreciate it! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.