Raypak p-r406a-ep-c wont spark

tx2cute4u

Apr 17, 2020
crowley, tx
Hello... HELP!!!! My Raypak pool heater was working fine one week and the next it wasn't. We were trying to run our propane out so we could get the gauges fixed on our tank. Well I guess it ran completely out. The next week when I went to turn it on it was leaking water by the inlet/outlet header. I had tried to get it to spark and I can hear it click like it wants to spark but wouldn't. That's when I realized that it was leaking water. I then turned it off and ordered the part to fix the inlet/outlet header. We have since filled the propane but up. When I turn on it clicks like it wants to spark but it is making this intermittent buzzing sound as it is clicking on and off. Could only hear this after I took the front off of the heater. It is showing NO codes. Is there a reset button or something that I need to hit? I haven't replaced the inlet/outlet header yet it hasn't came on but I was just trying to get it to spark. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!!

Welcome to TFP.

What I have heard is that when you run the gas to empty and get air in the line you may need to cycle the heater a dozen or more times before gas gets to the igniter.

It tries to light, heater sees no light off, so it shuts down quickly for safety. Not a lot of time for gas to flow and push out air. Especially if you have a long gas line from tank to heater.

Welcome to TFP.

What I have heard is that when you run the gas to empty and get air in the line you may need to cycle the heater a dozen or more times before gas gets to the igniter.

It tries to light, heater sees no light off, so it shuts down quickly for safety. Not a lot of time for gas to flow and push out air. Especially if you have a long gas line from tank to heater.

THANK YOU THSNK YOU!!!!!! It worked!!!!!

We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.
We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.
Support TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.