Jul 8, 2020
Hey folks. New here, long time pool owner of a small 6600 gallon fiberglass pool with attached hot tub. I have done all maintenance myself as I am a handy man of sorts (or at least like to think I am.)

I have a situation I am hopeful someone here can help me with. I have an old Raypak P-M266A-EN-C heater that has begun to leak slowly. I suspect it is the heat exchanger. We are planning to sell this house in the next 24 months so I am looking at the most cost effective way to resolve this issue.

Based upon my research, it seems a replacement with a similar Raypak (266K BTU/Nat Gas) would be the easiest/cost effective as I am not really into the idea of replacing the heat exchanger. I did some research and came across the new Raypak that have Cupro Nickel Heat Exchangers.

The only problem is the company does not seem to be able to tell me whether the outlet ports would marry up/same size as my existing and would therefore make this a pretty simple swap.

Questions:
- Does anyone know if my old inlet/outlet would connect up without any replumbing?
- Is this a solid cost effective option to replace?
- Cupro Nickel a better option than Copper as I am not always 100% on PH management and would not want to have another issue within the 24 months sale window?

Anyone have a similar issue in the past or could offer some suggestions or insights? Is this an appropriate replacement?

Thanks very much!

Michael

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.