Raypak Heater Trouble

wireform

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
TFP Guide
In The Industry
Aug 15, 2017
Spring Valley, NY
Good morning with an ambient temp of 38° now. Came out to one of my pools with a
Raypak model #P-R406A-EN-C,
serial #1412246332
that's usually close to 90° but is only at 80° now, I guess residual water temperature from constant heating because the display reads " sensor failure " and heater is obviously not firing now. Anyone familiar with this as I need guidance before I delve into it . Thanks in advance, Allan.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimmythegreek
Ok, back again. @James thanks for your response. I don't buy the bad luck too fast. With the temp at 36° now I went at it. Screen reads sensor failure after I turned the power switch to on and heard the igniter try once and stop. My experience told me a possible contact issue at the board end, so I wiggled the connector and wallah heater ignited so then I did the following. I used a razor blade knife and carefully scoured the three contact points that mate with the plug assuming it is oxidation not giving good contact. All is well now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.