Raypak heater remote wiring

coilerman

Bronze Supporter
Sep 29, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I have a Raypak digital heater (model R366A). I have the remote wiring connected to switch from spa to pool mode using three wires. I would also like to be able to turn the heater off remotely.

I have three wires coming from the control board - Pool Common (BLK/ORN), Spa Common (ORN/BLK) and 24VAC HOT (BLU). It's clear to me how the Spa and Pool modes work (close the 24v circuit with each respective wire), but the documentation says I can also have an OFF mode. Pool-Off-Spa or Low-Off-High.

Question is, how do I trigger the OFF mode? I suppose I could just use the fireman's switch to turn off remotely but since the three remote wires are already in my control box, I figured it would be the path of least resistance.
-

What control box do you have for your heater?

If the switch is not on POOL or SPA then the heater should be off. Do you not have a switch position that is neither POOL or SPA?

Put an X10 module or switch that opens and closes the 24V heater line for heater on/off.

An issue may be knowing the status of heater on/off. Do you have any visual indication that your pool is in pool or spa mode?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.