Baltimore, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I have read the manual for closing my heater, and it says to remove the drain plug and "remove the 2 wires from the water pressure switch and unscrew the switch to break any vacuum" and "Remove the pressure switch and dry it before re-installing". I am having two problems with the instructions:

1. I am not sure exactly how to remove the drain plug. I tried to pull it straight out, and I tried to unscrew it from the manifold, and neither worked. I am hesitant to apply significant force since it appears to be a plastic fitting. The second picture shows the underside of the manifold with the drain plug. Should I be pulling straight down (maybe use pliers?) or unscrewing it?
2. I am not sure I can remove the wires from the pressure switch, or the switch itself from the heater. The second picture shows the top of the manifold, and I assume the white fitting on the left is the pressure switch, as it is the only thing that passes through in to the header. I can unscrew the top portion of the fitting, but it does not appear that I can disconnect the wires from the switch. What am I missing here?

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_1161.jpeg
    IMG_1161.jpeg
    442.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1162.jpeg
    IMG_1162.jpeg
    536 KB · Views: 10
Thank you!
The plug should unscrew. The white plug is your thermistor. The pressure switch is located underneath the manifold on the 156a you will have to remove bottom half of side panel to access.
Thank you! I had to use pliers (very carefully, the plug is plastic and it flexed as I was removing it!) to remove the drain plug.
The panel under the manifold uses a hex-head screw instead of being a philips-head screw like the top panel fasteners, which is a bit annoying and made me think it was not a panel that needed to be removed for winterizing.

But it was very easy once I got the lower panel off.

IMG_1164.jpeg

Reactions: Poolbreh
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.