Raypak 2100 Pool Heater Dripping water

boilerbdub

Jul 1, 2019
Indiana
Hi, seems to be the year everything wears out on my pool. Salt generator, holes in lining, now heater. I have a Raypak 2100 heater that is probably 10 plus years old (been in our house 8 years). It started having a pilot light issue and after investigating I see water dripping down to the bottom of the heater case. There’s a lot of rust which I’m assuming is the heat exchanger rusting. This water is leaking on the pilot light so I manually light it and it eventually dries out the coils to light the heater. I can smell a lot of dampness when it starts and then it eventually burns off. Is my assumption correct that it’s the heat exchanger needing replaced?

I think you will find repairs will cost close to 50% of a new heater which becomes the threshold of replacement for me.

Open up the heater and post pics showing us how rusted things are in it.

Reactions: boilerbdub
Just from what I can see, it looks like the heater might need extensive repairs and parts replacement if it is possible to save it at all. Especially if the heat exchanger is also leaking. Probably not worth even attempting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.