RayPack LCD Blank

eagle4115

Jun 1, 2023
Philadelphia PA
I have a Raypak natural gas heater (model P-R336-A-EN-C, serial 050302). A few years ago the display broke from a tree falling on it. I replaced the switch membrane/pad and everything was good until water got to it (from the bent metal/tree). Last year I bought a MULAN 009491F Control Bezel with Switch Decal-Membrane, Compatible with Raypak Pool Heater from Amazon but didn't install it until this weekend. Everything works except for the LCD display. I cant see anything but the white light so I cannot adjust temperatures in the spa or pool, etc. Did I miss something that I was supposed to replace, or is there a contrast or backlight adjustment? Did I get the wrong part? I did notice the number of pins on the ribbon were different but I didn't think that would make a difference. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP.

You found the problem with buying a non-OEM board. Something about that board is not correct.

Welcome to TFP.

You found the problem with buying a non-OEM board. Something about that board is not correct.
At the time I thought it was but it wasn't until recently I realized it wasn't. So that is all there is to it, buy the same thing from Raypac and I should be good? There's not something else I missed installing? Why not just get the switch membrane at this point?

I am not where I can look it up. I thought the Raypak have a replaceable display. I am not sure what parts you need.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.