Raising pH via aeration

jtpipkin

Bronze Supporter
Oct 2, 2016
albany, ga
Having to drop the TA due to addition of borates. With the addition of MA I’ve seen the advice to raise pH again via aeration. I have fountains I add for the kids in summer time that attach to the returns. Any idea how long it may take to raise between .6 and .8? Thanks - jp

Why mess with forcing the TA lower? Just keep using MA to reduce your pH from 8 to 7.2 and the TA will drop over time.

Why mess with forcing the TA lower? Just keep using MA to reduce your pH from 8 to 7.2 and the TA will drop over time.
Maybe with everything I’ve got going on, I was unclear. I’m trying to raise the pH. The pH was perfect at 7.6/7.8 and pretty stable until I started chasing the elusive ‘perfectly balanced’ pool... I got carried away and should have taken it a little slower. I knew my CH was way low and CYA needed to be raised too. I chased too many dogs too quickly and lost... numbers as of tonight are:
FC 6.2
CC .2 ( was zero until I got borate happy)
pH 7.0 maybe lower after two gallons of MA last night
CH 390
Borates 30-50. I can’t read these Lamottes sticks
Temp 62

Please forgive any grammatical errors, I’m on the phone by the pool typing this

From pH 7.0 your fountains can take a day or two to raise the pH into the high 7s. Too many variables to say. Depends on drop size and coverage and how much turbulence the fountains create. Get it running and test every few hours and you will get a sense of the rise over time.

In the future split your chemicals into two or three doses when you are trying to make big changes and test in between.

From pH 7.0 your fountains can take a day or two to raise the pH into the high 7s. Too many variables to say. Depends on drop size and coverage and how much turbulence the fountains create. Get it running and test every few hours and you will get a sense of the rise over time.

In the future split your chemicals into two or three doses when you are trying to make big changes and test in between.
In the future, ha... already started that ;). I knew I was being a little too aggressive, but was happy to be learning and testing. Thanks for the quick responses. Quickly getting addicted to this form and the available information. Nice being able to have this info and be able to track the results I know are correct.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.