Blairsville GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hopefully on last 24 hours of my SLAM based on the smaller amounts of chlorine needed! Currently CYA is 50 so have SLAMMED for that level. When do I begin to raise my CYA to target level? Do I wait until I pass the OCLT? Since I'm running the filter 24/7 didn't know if I can add CYA now?

Second questions: I know to allow the TC to drift down after completion of the SLAM, but when do I turn on my SWG - when I am near my target level of TC - don't want to let the TC get too low!

Thanks!

Wait until you pass all three criteria for a successful SLAM Process, then add 10 ppm worth of CYA to see what it settles at.

Start your SWCG with the assumption you will use 3 ppm of FC per day. Use the SWG Run Time Calculator to determine what combination of pump run time and % SWCG setting is needed to create that much chlorine in your pool volume.

Use liquid chlorine as necessary when dialing in the SWCG to maintain FC above minimum based on [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

You want to confirm you have passed all 3 criteria to know the SLAM is complete.
Then you can raise the CYA (put it in a sock suspended in front of a return jet).
Turn the SWG on after the FC has drifted down to your target level, then monitor it so it does not drop too low.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.