Apr 27, 2021
New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Good evening all,
I need to raise the CH and the product I have is called hardness plus in a 8lb bag. The pool math app is stating I need 44lbs of calcium chloride, is it the same thing I would need 44lbs of what I currently have?

Yes.

Target 300 ppm CH. So only add 100 ppm to your pool. Your higher TA is protecting you pretty well.

Yes. I would get some more CYA in the water. Target 40 ppm.

Whoops, see you have added some since last test.

Why did you add Borax? No reason to add chemicals that are not necessary. Your pH in the 7's is fine.

Yes. I would get some more CYA in the water. Target 40 ppm.

Whoops, see you have added some since last test.

Why did you add Borax? No reason to add chemicals that are not necessary. Your pH in the 7's is fine.
Bummer, see I thought that regarding my PH but the app shows an alert that PH is outside the Ideal range so I just clicked it and added what it recommended.

Your pH is recorded as 7.5. There is no way that was shown as out of range.

Always reason check anything this app or any other tells you.

That is showing 'ideal' range. No reason to adjust if your in the normal range. Again, reason check what the app tells you. Does it make sense to raise the pH one point higher when I am all ready in the recommended range.
See Recommended Levels

I see now. So what I should’ve done was use PH reducer to get TA lower & then aerate to bring PH up? I guess just wait it out and retest it tomorrow ?
You did not need to do anything to pH or TA. TA will come down over time when you keep pH in the 7's. The CH should be raised to 300 ppm to protect the plaster as your TA falls.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You did not need to do anything to pH or TA. TA will come down over time when you keep pH in the 7's. The CH should be raised to 300 ppm to protect the plaster as your TA falls.
Noted. I have ice melt pellets in the garage from the winter. Can I use these?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 4
Some Ice Melt has alot of additives, non calcium chloride. Hard to say the way they label them. I have no experience with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.