briggss3

Mar 14, 2024
Lake Jackson, Texas
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
I have a RJ60 a bit oversized for my pool. My CH is around 125. I need to add 13 bags of salt for the SWG. Do I need to add additional calcium also? Pool math says I need 46 pounds of calcium.

Pool math does not really tell you to do anything. Pool math calculates the quantity of chemicals to reach a specific target parameter.

Maybe the default target makes sense for your pool, maybe not. Post a full set of test results
and someone will give you specific advice.

Reactions: Newdude
FC = 1
CC = .5
pH = 7.5
TA = 280
CH = 125
CyA = 0
Salt = 400
Berates = ??

I am converting to an RJ60 SWG. Guesstimate on pool size is 15000 to 17000 gallons. Pool is Gunite with pebbletec lining. Power washed clean yesterday.

Questions.
1. Do I need to mess with TA?
2. Is low CH a problem?
3. Can I start adding my salt while adjusting chemistry?
4. Was going to SLAM at F of 14....and increasing CYA at 0. Is this correct?
5. Should I SLAM first then mess with pH and TA assuming I need to?

Thanks in advance.

Guesstimate on pool size is 15000 to 17000 gallons. Pool is Gunite with pebbletec lining. Power washed clean yesterday.
Is the pool empty? If so, when you refill take note of the start and end readings of your water meter. Subtract estimated household water use and you'll have a very accurate volume for your pool.

Is the pool empty? If so, when you refill take note of the start and end readings of your water meter. Subtract estimated household water use and you'll have a very accurate volume for your pool.
Exactly what I am doing. Plus or minus normal use like showering etc. I assume it's +/- 200 gallons.

Reactions: pjt and Newdude
Exactly what I am doing. Plus or minus normal use like showering etc. I assume it's +/- 200 gallons.
Lol. Previous owners said 17 to 20K. Found old paperwork that said 16 to 17.5K. Ol faithful city water meter says....12,567. Thankfully I am easing chemicals in, though I was shooting for 14FC and got 20.

Reactions: .ben