R-0871-A -E what are the differences.

Aug 23, 2016
Ballston Lake, NY
So I was looking for a good deal on testing reagents as im getting low (and I messed up and left them out in the sun today, first day ever).

I was low on the R 0871 and the R 0013 and noticed when I googled that there were different ones or at least sort of different ones. -A - C - E.

I think they are just based on size but wanted to confirm. Also, I know these have a shelf life but if I stored a large bottle 16oz and kept it in a cool dark location, any idea what the shelf life would be?

Thanks!

You are correct that the letters are size indicators.

Taylor recommends a 1-year shelf life, but we (and myself through experience) say that if you keep it in temperature controlled environment that 2 years is very reasonable. The importance for storage is room temperature, some misunderstand and think storing in a fridge will help. In reality the temperature swing of fridge to hot humid air can be just as damaging as leaving it in the hot air all the time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.