R-0012 drop size

eublet

Gold Supporter
May 24, 2016
Mobile, AL
I did some searching and have found others mentioning this issue. I understand the static issue, but it is not in reference to R-0012. My CH is showing VERY high, but the R-0012 drops are MUCH smaller than any of the other droppers in the kit. They're tiny, and come out in very quick spurts if I'm not careful. In fact, just inverting the bottle causes 4-5 drops to come out almost instantly no matter how gently I hold the bottle. I'm naturally counting these small drops, so I'm wondering if that is what it pushing my CH results so high. Any ideas?

Jason, I know what you are saying about the drops of that liquid not coming out like the other vials. That blue reagent seems to be thicker than the others and kind of "hangs onto" the tip before dropping out. It almost appears gooey. The drops do appear to be smaller.

But I have never had the issue where it starts to pour out immediately like you described.

Perhaps try removing a tip from one of your other bottles (rinse it well) and place on the R-0012 bottle. See if it acts the same way. Perhaps for whatever reason the hole on the tip of yours got punctured larger or something.

EDIT: I just realized you were asking about the calcium reagent. What I was describing above is the R-0011 is the blue Calcium indicator. My bad. Please ignore. But try the test of switching caps anyway.

I was having the same issue with the R-0012 for CH test as well. I started wiping it off with a damp paper towel after every drop and it hasn't been much of a problem the past couple of weeks. The drops are noticeably bigger than before, and my tests since have been more consistent.

Looks like I do have the wrong tips on a couple of the other TF bottles. Perhaps that's why my comparisons have been all off, but my CH is probably accurate (due to all the scaling and hard water line issues I have).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.