Quote thoughts???

We wouldn’t be using the Spa below 50-60 either, I have a stand alone Hot Tub now and although I know it’s much better for the purpose of a Hot Tub we prefer the attached idea and we will use it the same months we use the pool.
Ours is attached. We love the look and use it a lot. More September - April than the summer months. The heat pump heats it fairly quickly. Ours is an 8x8 square.

Reactions: Carnut12
Good to know, I think I am going to ask to change mine to 8'x8', I also might make my sun-shelf a little larger.
We have tall and short folks in or family, so we did deeper and shallower benches in ours. Think about where your screen and projector will be and make sure YOUR depth bench faces the projector.

Attachments

• PXL_20201110_230237663.jpg
    PXL_20201110_230237663.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 25
If you are going south of Atlanta by an hour, then a heat pump will work. Going the propane route will heat much faster, but annual heating costs will be several thousand $$'s more comparing propane to a heat pump. Once it's at temp, the heat pump will be able to keep it there between the months of April - October.

As always, during colder months use a solar cover on the pool. Whether you're using a heat pump or gas, this will significantly affect the run time needed to heat, and will lower costs dramatically.

This shows the slope, it will be filled in a little more, to the left of this picture you can see a small part of the Carriage/guest house Foundation. I’ll take pictures from the other side next time I go check it out.

Attachments

• 2C195EFD-DFD3-4FE3-BB35-B23923012E84.jpeg
    2C195EFD-DFD3-4FE3-BB35-B23923012E84.jpeg
    719.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I mean it does honestly seem kind of high at $117k. But no one outside of Georgia could really say for sure.

I’m in Texas and my pool only was $78k in and it’s sorta similar to yours. You do have more concrete decking though. Even after adding the roof for my 40’x10’ patio I’m still about $17k less all in.

Definitely get multiple quotes.
Pretty sure his is on a hill and is covering costs there. They add up pretty quick (retaining walls). 1200 sqft of decking is quite a bit. I think his quote is pretty typical for what he had going in. Only way to know for sure is to get a few quotes. I had about 5 and they all were within 10-15% of each other.

Pretty sure his is on a hill and is covering costs there. They add up pretty quick (retaining walls). 1200 sqft of decking is quite a bit. I think his quote is pretty typical for what he had going in. Only way to know for sure is to get a few quotes. I had about 5 and they all were within 10-15% of each other.
Yeah looking at his photo his slope and wall is three times mine.

So they aren’t doing a retaining wall, they are doing about a 3’ high by about 54’ long exposed wall they will finish with stone along with the Hot Tub. I’m assuming this still adds a good amount to the cost. Not sure how much though.
I don’t have a retaining wall either. I understood what you meant originally. Mine is 12-18” exposed and it’s on the backside where landscaping will go so it not getting anything fancy on it. But yeah the more exposed beam the more expensive especially if it’s finished with fancier materials.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.