Quick set 600 gal pool newbie

Sprucelogg

Jun 20, 2020
Canada
Hello,

I just bought a quick set 600 gal pool. It comes with pieces to attach to a pump but doesnt come with one. Is it possible to keep the water clean without one? I bought a clorine floater thing but not sure if its what I should be using. Complete noob to pool stuff besides emptying and cleaning it every few days. Any suggestions would be awesome, thanks.

The water won't stay clean without a pump and filter. You can pick up one of the vastly underpowered pumps that come with the larger Intex pools, which would be just right for your pool. Heck, I'll see if we still have ours and send it to you for the cost of shipping if you want. PM me.

The water won't stay clean without a pump and filter. You can pick up one of the vastly underpowered pumps that come with the larger Intex pools, which would be just right for your pool. Heck, I'll see if we still have ours and send it to you for the cost of shipping if you want. PM me.

Thats real nice of you, I just found one local so will try that out. Im not sure what it would cost to ship to eastern Canada.

Thanks, I did read that but that talks about using a pump. Ive read other posts about just using the net or an oar to mix stuff into the pool. Im hoping not to be draining this all the time like previous years haha.
This is great to hear! If you want to avoid the draining, definitely look into Pool Care Basics Archives - Trouble Free Pool

I bought a clorine floater thing but not sure if its what I should be using
Stabilized tablets are not recommended for long term usage, as the CYA (stabilizer) levels get too high for any chlorine added to do it's job. FC/CYA Levels
Do you have walmart or a big box store nearby? You can get liquid pool chlorine and a liquid drops 6-way pool test kit through them. ~ Knowing your pool's water balance will help you to not have to dump as often if you would prefer to take a more "permanent" route of care (at least only dumping for end of season, not because of green water!)

This is great to hear! If you want to avoid the draining, definitely look into Pool Care Basics Archives - Trouble Free Pool

Stabilized tablets are not recommended for long term usage, as the CYA (stabilizer) levels get too high for any chlorine added to do it's job. FC/CYA Levels
Do you have walmart or a big box store nearby? You can get liquid pool chlorine and a liquid drops 6-way pool test kit through them. ~ Knowing your pool's water balance will help you to not have to dump as often if you would prefer to take a more "permanent" route of care (at least only dumping for end of season, not because of green water!)
Awesome thanks for the info, summer arrived 2 days ago now its winter again lol have to wait til monday to start the process.

Reactions: splashpad
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.