Quick question please: is Jack’s Magic Filter Fiber Stuff the same as Leslie’s Cellulose Fiber?

jbone1313

Mar 26, 2021
Arizona
I am currently in the middle of an ascorbic acid stain removal process and realized I need more Jack’s Magic Filter Fiber Stuff ASAP.

Leslie’s carries a bag of cellulose fiber, which is ostensibly the same thing, but I want to confirm.

Many thanks for the help.

How well is the cellulose working? Any issues?
It seemed to work fine. We used it after an ascorbic acid treatment to remove stains in our pool. After we applied the ascorbic acid, we applied some sequestrant, and we hoped the cellulose would trap the sequestered metals.

We think it worked, because this is the second time we did an ascorbic acid treatment. The stains came back after the first one, but we did not do the sequestering and cellulose that time. This time we did, and we have not seen the stains return.

If for some reason you are also thinking about an ascorbic acid treatment, then here is a good link.

Just an FYI - I tried using Jack's Magic fill some time ago. It seemed to work at first, but eventually the fiber broke down and I got a ton of small particles in my pool that were very difficult to get rid of. I had to throw away the filter cartridge, and used a new one to clean out particles, rinsing the sludge out daily.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.