Quick iron question...

Yes. If all of your iron has precipitated out of the water onto the walls it will not show in water tests.

I believe the correct answer is, only when it's oxidized. Raising the chlorine will oxidize the iron and cause it to be able to be filtered with poly. If precipitated, poly will not filter much. I'll let the experts correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fighting the same issue...

Ok. Now, does poly fill in the skimmer actually take iron out? Or have any advantage?

If you have iron in your fill water then polyfill will capture the iron.

If you lift stains in your pool using an Ascorbic_Acid_Treatment then polyfill will help capture the iron so it does not redeposit ont he pool surface. A sequeterant will also capture the iron but not remove it from the water the way polyfill can.

The best time to use polyfil for filtering iron is after you added chlorine and the water turns green.
If you are like me and have occasional iron issues. I just realized this year my liner was stained
by iron. Gonna try jack's magic next opening to hopefully get rid of them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.