Questions about spa blower and closing.

Jul 22, 2015
Lancaster, PA
1. When closing the pool do we need to blow out the spa air blower line and if so how to do it?
2. And another question which I know gets a lot of attention here. The closing instructions say to lower water below the return line and then refill ( I have solid cover) but it would cause significant change in water chemistry. Should I just blow out the lines and add antifreeze to skimmer/returns?

1. When closing the pool do we need to blow out the spa air blower line and if so how to do it?

Blow out the spa return lines and then run the blower for a minute to blow it out.

2. And another question which I know gets a lot of attention here. The closing instructions say to lower water below the return line and then refill ( I have solid cover) but it would cause significant change in water chemistry. Should I just blow out the lines and add antifreeze to skimmer/returns?

You can do it either way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.