Questions about killing algae

Yes, in my first above ground pool, I had a Polaris; it was a 24' x 12' oval pool. Somehow, my current pool (18' diameter round) seems so easy to vacuum by hand (but which I only do once per week), that I haven't bothered with an automatic pool cleaner, but maybe that would be a good investment. If I go that route, maybe I should get the kind that attaches to the skimmer, and not to the jet, as that would free up the jet to assist in extra circulation.

In theory, I wonder what's to stop anybody with an above ground pool from drilling an extra hole for a second eye jet, and T-ing off the plumbing to split the water flow to both jets. It's probably less work to get an automatic cleaner though.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, as an update.... I vacuumed yesterday morning, but 24 hours later, the bottom had residue again (albeit a lot less of it), even though my FC didn't drop all that much. Maybe vacuuming stirs things up, and some of the original debris was in suspension and settled to the floor again.

Just now, I took another look (just 12 hours later), and again there's debris, albeit just a little bit of it this time. Maybe after enough vacuumings, it'll all be gone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.