Questions about keeping pool open this winter

Right on, Dirk. I'm guessing that Wake has an automated valve that turns them on/off. So the options would be to make an adjustment to the valve to minimize the flow to them for the winter or, if the PB installed individual valves for adjusting the flow, crank each one of those back to where the flow doesn't break the surface.

--Jeff

I have also been considering this.
Any suggestions or warnings would be greatly appreciated.

-I live in South NJ (Phila area). Jan and Feb are the most worrisome months , avg lows 26 &29
-I also have a variable speed pump. was planning on running on about 1000rpm 18hrs/day maybe slower when warmer.
- Was thinking of covering equipment with a tarp and putting small heater under there in coldest times.

My biggest worry would be , what happens if we lose power? That could get ugly fast.

Again, any help is appreciated.

I have also been considering this.
Any suggestions or warnings would be greatly appreciated.

-I live in South NJ (Phila area). Jan and Feb are the most worrisome months , avg lows 26 &29
-I also have a variable speed pump. was planning on running on about 1000rpm 18hrs/day maybe slower when warmer.
- Was thinking of covering equipment with a tarp and putting small heater under there in coldest times.

My biggest worry would be , what happens if we lose power? That could get ugly fast.

Again, any help is appreciated.
Open,
Not sure what you're trying to achieve here. Once the weather is too cold and the pool no longer will be used have the pool winterized and then no more worries. What gain is there for trying to compete with winter other then little to none and lots to loose if something goes awry. It'll delay the opening and a costly repair.

Open,
Not sure what you're trying to achieve here. Once the weather is too cold and the pool no longer will be used have the pool winterized and then no more worries. What gain is there for trying to compete with winter other then little to none and lots to loose if something goes awry. It'll delay the opening and a costly repair.
well, like the others, its mostly a lot nicer to look at over the winter.
but if the risk is high its definitely not worth it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.