Question re: water temperature loss due to evaporation

I was where you are at, but last month to now my morning pool temps pretty much match where they were the evening before. Day's highs 95-100, pool 92-94. Overnight lows 78-80, but get almost -0- overnight cooling.

I was where you are at, but last month to now my morning pool temps pretty much match where they were the evening before. Day's highs 95-100, pool 92-94. Overnight lows 78-80, but get almost -0- overnight cooling.
What is the dewpoint? You have humidity.

From my previous pool, I seem to remember that August, our hottest month, my AB pool water would stabilize temp, basically being a constant almost from sunrise to sunrise. We got our August weather here this year starting in June and still continuing. Plus being in drought with very little rain. I also keep an analog thermometer I check when I jug in the morning, and again in eve when I jug. The magic number was 92, and last few days 94. Get no other reading regardless of time of day. Just hoping our August becomes our September by default. We are getting some milder temps yesterday and today!

What are your water temps at 4:00 pm? Or later in the day when it’s smoking hot, 110 - 115 air temps. Is your pool shaded at anytime during the day?

Water was 87 last night at 8:00PM. The pool gets partial shade in the early morning from the house and again late in the afternoon from the fence. I turned the aerator on this morning. I'm going to leave that on for a couple days and see if it has any measurable affect.

87 late afternoon, early evening with air temps as high in Az as you have is not that bad, in my opinion.

I have to use my chiller just to keep the pool temp at 87 through the heat of Las Vegas. We live in a single story develoom ent and we get no shade on the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.