Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi All,

Our pool says we will be plastering the pool this Friday. We are doing KrystalKrete Quartz - Verde Color. The pool builder gave us a option to either leave it smooth with some of the quartz aggregate and color stones we are adding somewhat coming through but he says it would be smoother on the feet, or if he wants us to have him acid wash it which they do AFTER they fill the pool up and he says they dump a lot of acid in the poool and scrub the sides and bottom of the pool to expose the aggregate and colored stones more, but it's a little more gritty on the feet. He says it's up to us.

Can anyone recommend which would be better and why?

I think you should ask the manufacturer if it matters how it is done.

They say to etch with diluted solution - no dump a lot of acid in - from

" After the finish has sufficiently hardened, usually several hours, a dilute muriatic acid solution and brushing are used to remove the cement film from the aggregate surface"

The whole point of quartz is that the aggregate is supposed to help with the longevity of the surface. If it isn't exposed then you just have plaster? Maybe someone else could chime in but that's my thoughts on it.

Thank you and I 100% agree with you. I was confused on when he gave me the choice. LOL. I'll call them tmrw to triple check.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.