Question on Deck load

SamsIam

Bronze Supporter
May 28, 2016
Arlington, TX
Not sure this is the right place but I am trying to get an idea of deck and load. We were looking at a fireplace for out by the pool that weighs 1300lbs. We have a Cool Deck or Kool Deck built in mid 80s. Is there any way to determine if our deck can support that or would modifications be required.
Thanks!

This is just a concrete slab, right?

Depends on the footprint of the fireplace and how thick your slab is and whether there is rebar and what the supporting dirt is underneath.

I don't think this is really something we can easily answer for sure, although assuming that the slab is well supported and all the weight is not on a very small footprint, I would guess it would be fine.

Thanks,
I don't know these details as of now. It is Texas dirt so that is hard. Unsure if there is rebar but I'd suspect there is. I know it is little to go by. Hopefully our pool guy may have an idea.

• Firebox Width: 25"
  • Firebox Height: 18"
  • Overall Width: 51.5"
  • Overall Depth: 31.5"
  • Overall Height: 71"
  • Chimney Height: 11"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.