Question on CC reading

jstblush

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2015
Pasco, WA
Hi all,
Good to be back for the summer!

I was just wondering about a CC reading of 1. This morning at 11:00 a.m. I checked and my numbers were:
FC 2
CC 1
TC 3
CYA 40
PH 7.5
CH 100
TA 80

So I added my bleach to get my FC up to 6 and checked it again at 1:10 p.m. and it was up to 7.5. So I overshot it a little bit. but that's okay. Then I checked for CC's and got 0. So I am a little confused. Do I need to SLAM or not since the first reading was 1 and the 2nd reading was 0 after adding bleach?

Sherry

If you just pulled the cover off, that CC is normal and expected because it was trapped underneath. If you had a big swim party yesterday, especially one with a lot of kids or drunks with weak bladders, it would also be normal.

The best way to be sure you have an algae problem -- or not -- is with an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. Yeah, it's no fun setting the alarm before sunrise on a holiday, but you can go right back to bed after.

Thank you Richard.

We just opened the pool on Wednesday and there has been no swimming yet. The solar cover was on it when I took the sample water for testing the first time today. Then, put the bleach in, checked later and no CC's. So maybe I will do the OCLT like you said tonight just to be sure.

The water is crystal clear so that's a good thing. :)
Thank you so much!
Sherry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.