Question on adding actuator valve to drain line automated by ET8

Mar 4, 2015
Sugar Land , TX
My PB installed a Jandy valve on my over flow drain line. I would like to automate this valve. Is it as simple as installing the valve actuator, running electrical from actuator to my ET8 , and wiring to one of the auxiliary valve on ET8 circuit board. I am currently only using 2 of the 4 valve circuits.

rph,

Kind of depends on what is in use now.. An ET 8 does have 4 valve drivers.. But it only has two that are user controllable, A and B.. The other two, Intake and Return, only move when selecting Spa or Pool mode.. You can use an Aux relay "port" but you can't use the actual Aux relay as it is a Single throw relay with only Normally Open contacts.. An actuator needs to use a Double throw relay with both normally open and normally closed contacts..

If you have no Spa, you can use the Spa mode to control an acatuator..

Here is a simple diagram of how to make an additional valve driver...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Rick,

You can use an Aux circuit to control the valve, but if you do, you will waste a relay..

I suggest that you use a Feature Circuit, which works just like an Aux circuit, except it has no relay..

Just set up an unused Feature circuit by changing the Circuit name what you want, and then linking that Circuit Name to either valve A or B..

You can see in the screenshots below where I use a Feature circuit to turn on my waterfall..

View media item 1964

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.