Question: auto fill connected to water softener sys (Potassium)

I couldn't tell you other than this is the company almost every house used when our housing development was being built in 2016 and I even went thru Costco to get a better deal than my neighbors.

$1200 sounds mighty nice!

According to the website the ERR3702 water "refiner" also includes a charcoal chlorine filter. It does seem like a slick unit. It even has a salt level indicator. Still a lot of money. You might also look at Discount Water Softeners if you are into self installation and maintenance and ever decide to make a change.

Honestly though, I'd just pipe in the pool to what you have and se if it's manageable. I really don't think it will be that bad and what do you have to lose, you can always put it back the way it is now or put in a larger system. Low risk test.

Reactions: JC707
According to the website the ERR3702 water "refiner" also includes a charcoal chlorine filter. It does seem like a slick unit. It even has a salt level indicator. Still a lot of money. You might also look at Discount Water Softeners if you are into self installation and maintenance and ever decide to make a change.

Honestly though, I'd just pipe in the pool to what you have and se if it's manageable. I really don't think it will be that bad and what do you have to lose, you can always put it back the way it is now or put in a larger system. Low risk test.

This is exactly my plan. Going to pipe in pool and see how it goes and go from there. 👍

I did get some photos today after the 2am regen.

663 gallons remaining (100%)

130 gallons used per day on average.

Not sure if the math is just dividing the 2 to get how many days until my next regen cycle?

Attachments

• 20201028_063856.jpg
    20201028_063856.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20201028-065914_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201028-065914_Gallery.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 3
Wow, nice system that tells you average water usage. Yes, divide the two. So right now you regen about every 5 days. I don't think that's so unusual.

You could check to see if you are in a high efficiency mode, which only partially regens the resin. Its more salt efficient but forces more regens. There may be a normal or high capacity mode that would give you more gallons per regen but use salt at a much faster rate.

Thanks Scott, I am going go run thru the settings more in depth after work and read thru the manual to see if there are some advanced settings.

I guess it's a balancing act...do I want more regen cycles and use less salt or more gals per regen but goes thru salt faster. I am thinking if I can change it, get more gallons per regen and use more salt. Hmm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.