Question about the pool app

R1cicles

Aug 21, 2023
France
Hello, I am a novice pool owner in France, it is 8 x 4 meters, 40 cubic metres, vinyl liner in-ground pool, chlorine sanitiSer. I have been trying to learn about chemistry and the thing that confuses me most is the order of adding individual chemicals depending on the readings. I have a cloudy pool and nothing seems to work! Can anyone tell me whether the paid version of the app makes recommendations on the sequence of additions, as opposed to a simple response per reading?

Can anyone tell me whether the paid version of the app makes recommendations on the sequence of additions, as opposed to a simple response per reading?
The app makes no recommendations on the sequence chemicals should be added.

Chlorine to raise FC and muriatic acid to lower pH should always be your first priority and added at least 15 minutes apart.

Stabilizer is a mild acid and will lower pH a bit so add the stabilizer before you lower pH.

Adjust your TA up before you make any pH adjustments up.

Calcium and salt can be added at anytime and don't effect other chemicals.

These are the chemicals that have interactions.

For safety reasons acid and chlorine must always be added at least 15 minutes apart.

Reactions: Mdragger88
It does not. It is a calculator.
The subscription adds the ability to keep more than 1 log & have multiple pools.
There’s really no sequence except
Chlorine is King 👑 & based on your cya level FC/CYA Levels
Ph should be in the 7’s
The rest takes a backseat until those are dealt with.
Chlorine & acid should be dosed 15- 30 minutes apart.
If you have algae/cloudy water you need to do the SLAM Process
This requires that you have an fas/dpd test & a cya turbidity test at minimum.
How are you currently testing the water?
How are you currently chlorinating (liquid chlorine/cal hypo/trichlor/dichlor)?