Question about the 3HP Relays.

Gupone

Sep 29, 2019
Texas
Quick question about the relays in my Jandy Aqualink CP. I am assuming that each relay will only run one device. I know on the 12v out there are two connectors that are attached to the wire that goes to the specific device on the Jandy system. Why are there 4 connectors on the bottom half of the relay for power. On some of the relays I see just two wires connected and on others I see 4. Maybe i'm not making since but was just trying to get a better understanding of how these are supposed to be connected properly. Below is a standard 3HP relay that I have in my system.

Attachments

• relay.jpg
    relay.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 3
On some of the relays I see just two wires connected and on others I see 4.

The relays have the ability to switch two hot lines as used on a 240V circuit. The four screws are for

- LINE1 IN
- LOAD 1 OUT
- LINE 2 IN
- LOAD 2 OUT

If the relay is controlling a 120V circuit it switches one line and uses LINE 1 and LOAD 1.

If the relay is controlling a 240V circuit it switches the two hot lines using the four connections.

You can have more than one device switched by a relay as long as you don;t overload the CB and relay amperage and meet NEC requirements.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.