Question About Rusted Pool Light Faceplate

Sallie

May 16, 2008
Columbia, SC
When our liner was replaced, our pool light was not reinstalled properly. The light quit working, and there was rust everywhere including the glass and the faceplate. We scrubbed and scrubbed, and it’s barely visible on the glass. Hubby has ordered a new light. My concern is the face plate that has rust on it. I’m assuming it’s plastic and it’s best to just buy a new one. We have a vinyl liner. Is it difficult to replace it? My husband’s concern is that that it’s holding the liner in place. Also, do we need to drop the water below the light to do it?

Attachments

• 01D8F553-FA61-44FB-B87C-00D9AB70FF64.jpeg
    01D8F553-FA61-44FB-B87C-00D9AB70FF64.jpeg
    549.7 KB · Views: 9
Take some Vitamin C tablets, put them in a thin sock, and crush them up a bit. Then hold the sock against the area that has the rust stains.

Last edited:
Well, the sandpaper worked. When you use vit c, how long should you leave it on a spot? Also, we ordered a light and when hubby started putting it in, it wouldn’t screw in. That part was also very rusted down in there. Anyone know where we might be able to find just that part and not a whole light assembly?BC151EA4-1E9A-4A48-8211-44F53F86F7D6.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.