Question about running AquaTrol on external timer

beggehorn

Sep 14, 2015
Azusa, CA
I just picked up an AquaTrol RJ-TL system and have a question about running it of of an external timer. I was hoping to use a smart WiFi switch to control the schedule of both the SWG and pump (plugged directly into the AquaTrol). I know I'd need to bypass the Aquatrol built-in timer by installing a jumper between pins 5 & 6 on the J1 connector.

What I realized though is that there is no battery backup in the AquaTrol and I'm wondering what will happen to the calibration and possible error states when power is completely cut from the device when the smart switch is off?

Last edited:
Looks like you're overthinking! The Aquarite and Aquatrol mainboards retain the Average Salinity reading and the cell maintenance minder, stored them in a non-volatile memory even after power is turned off.
This information will change each time the system is turned on and put into service.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.