Question about reducing CYA

texan4ever

Sep 14, 2021
Dallas, TX
I received confusing advice from the pool store and I used too much sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione . Now my CYA is too high. Last week I drained about 10inches from my pool and refilled. The CYA is at 90.

I have a SWG pool. I am in Dallas, TX. The pool is getting cold quickly. It is getting minimal use (less than 2 hours a week when I swim laps). In Dallas we get most of our rain between now and spring. So the pool water is going to dilute over the winter.

So ...

Should I do additional draining to get the the CYA down to 70-80
or
Should I just see what the CYA looks like in the spring?

Drain it each time you expect a storm. Do keep chlorine in it based on FC/CYA Levels or it can go green.

You show having a SWCG. Hard to understand why anyone would use dichlor in a pool with a SWCG.

T4E,

I have three pools in the DFW area and the CYA level in all of them goes way down over the winter. I never worry about my CYA level after the pool season is over, I just add more when the next season gets here.

None of the pools are closed for the winter.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.