Question about pressure after removing booster pump

I recently removed my Polaris booster pump from my system because I am using a Dolphin. Prior to removing, my normal pressure reading was around 15, after removing the booster pump and plugging the lines it is now 22. Is this normal, did plugging the booster line return really cost me 7psi? If so should I re-plumb the line to create the return? Running a psi that high concerns me.

That is interesting that your pressure increased that much but you did reduce one flow path so you could see a pressure increase. Was there a reason you did not want to connect the inlet pipe (going to the booster pump) to the exit pipe after you removed the booster pump? That would have just circulated water as normal and kept that line free from algae.

Just capping could have caused some additional back pressure on the system since now all flow is just through your regular pool returns and none through the cleaner line. That is the reduction of 1 flow path as noted above.
My filter operates at the 20-25psi range all the time. Most filters are good to 50psi working pressure so you should be fine with operating at 22 psi.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.