Question about pool light leaking repair

Shad,

Not sure about the newer no-niche lights, but older ones sit in pool water. The ring that holds the light in place is not waterproof. You have to take the light fixture out and set it on the deck, and then puddy around the back of the niche where the wiring conduit connects to the light niche.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Shad,

Not sure about the newer no-niche lights, but older ones sit in pool water. The ring that holds the light in place is not waterproof. You have to take the light fixture out and set it on the deck, and then puddy around the back of the niche where the wiring conduit connects to the light niche.

Thanks,

Jim R.
This is a view from the top looking down at the light. It is one of those new led color changing one. Installed back in April. That gap around the edge has always been there though and not leaking before.

Attachments

• BCF7EFD8-2EBB-4227-A41D-2E0EF5A3FE06.jpeg
    BCF7EFD8-2EBB-4227-A41D-2E0EF5A3FE06.jpeg
    447.5 KB · Views: 7
Shad,

What is leaking? Is water leaking into the light or is water leaking out of your pool?

If water is leaking into the light, then the seal between the glass and light housing is bad.

If water is leaking out of the pool, then most likely the water is leaking out of the light conduit.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Shad,

What is leaking? Is water leaking into the light or is water leaking out of your pool?

If water is leaking into the light, then the seal between the glass and light housing is bad.

If water is leaking out of the pool, then most likely the water is leaking out of the light conduit.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Water level dropping in the pool to where I can reach my hand down into the water and put the dye bottle close to the light. It appears as if it slowly drifts in between the chrome edge of the light and the pool wall. Just had this new light installed in May. Don’t feel comfortable at my age removing an electrical device surrounded by water so I will probably speak to someone about getting this fixed. Thx.

Shad,

There is no electricity going to the light if it is not on.

But.. You really can't fix the problem without getting into the pool. Water might a little cool now. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.