Question about Pool Ladder

LeeA

Jul 6, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
backstory - I’ve been slamming my above ground pool for about 3.5 weeks. The pool was last used in the summer of 2018. I opened it in 2019 but never treated it and unfortunately left it open all summer and winter. It was so bad that there were things swimming in it. I wish I took pictures lol.

The pool is almost clear now and my question is do I need to worry about cleaning the pool ladder before putting it in the pool. The ladder has been outside since last summer but not in the pool. What is the likelihood that there would be algae still in the ladder?

If it’s holding water for that long, It’s long been stagnant and green. If it’s dry it still wouldn’t hurt to give it a healthy bleaching.

If it’s holding water for that long, It’s long been stagnant and green. If it’s dry it still wouldn’t hurt to give it a healthy bleaching.
I don’t think there is any water in it other than the occasional rain water. My concern is primarily the interior portion since it’s one of those A frame plastic ladders. The outside will definitely get a healthy bleaching.

My concern is primarily the interior portion since it’s one of those A frame plastic ladders
If you can find a way to squirt bleach in somehow and maybe roll it around it certainly wouldn’t hurt. Then clean the outside and you’ll be good to go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.