Question about concrete coping

Phoebecat

May 27, 2022
Wheelersburg oh
Hey all. My husband and I are new pool owners. In southern Ohio, our pool was installed and concrete poured last October, after which the pool was immediately closed for the winter. When we opened it a couple of weeks ago, we noticed the concrete coping around the pool contains dark spotting and discolored areas and there are streaks where it looks like the concrete was hastily swiped with a broom. Altogether, it looks like mold from a few feet away, but I don’t think it is. It just looks rough and when you look down a side, the coping appears wavy in places.
Another issue we just discovered is that the ladder holes are two inches too narrow. The ladder treads are 20” wide and the holes are 18” apart, which makes the ladder fit awkwardly.
Nothing about the concrete contractors inspires confidence. We ordered a border seam around the pool and that wasn’t done either. By the time I got home from work, the job was done and they were gone. It’s been so long now that I’m not sure we can make a case for them to come back. Actually, we’ve tried to contact them multiple times and they won’t return our calls. Any advice on what we can do to improve the coping appearance? Thank you.

Welcome to TFP.

Show us pics of the problem areas so we can better understand your situation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.