rosehoward

Mar 15, 2022
Lafayette, LA
I have to let my contractor know a final for my plaster color ASAP, but I’m so torn between Anvil & Curacao Night. We went with a well known pool business in my area, but they’ve never done a plaster this dark… leave it to me to be different 💁🏻‍♀️😆 I’ve been searching online for these finishes, but can’t find any good pics of Curacao Night besides the images on NPT website. I need more pictures to be able to make such a permanent decision. If you have Anvil or Curacao Night PLEASE share photos of your pool with me! I’m also considering St. Martin Shade as well, so I wouldn’t mind seeing photos of that also. Too many choices!! Make up my mind already!! Thank you so much in advance 😁

I'm not going to be of any help deciding between two dark colors. But what I can almost decisively say is you will have color mottling and the color will not be/remain consistent. The darker the plaster, the higher likelihood of mottling occurring. That's likely the reason they don't do any. That and a very dark surface won't do you any favors regarding pool water temp, especially in LA. Builders will often require a sign-off on darker plasters acknowledging the unevenness of the final finish.

Reactions: rosehoward
Here is our plaster color thread.

I hope you can find something you like in there. What is said above is VERY true about darker plaster. So far there has been ONE dark pool where the plaster was done just right that I now of. It was a couple of years back and I cannot remember the thread name off the top of my head. If I find it I will share it here. That plaster team did a top notch job.

I helped with many pool builds so have seen just about every color there is. The streaking issue is real and so sad to see when it happens and there is not a thing you can do about it when it happens. Now I am also going to share a set of links about how to get the best plaster job ever IF the crew is at the top of their game:

Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

You could do glass beads in the plaster and use only darker beads like black, navy blue, etc to get a darker look. Just an idea to think about.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.