petman

Jul 9, 2016
Danville/CA
My booster pump is screeching which appears to be bad bearings from my read of the forums. What I can't tell (I am probably just slow) is whether the bearings that need to be replaced are in the motor or in the pump that is bolted onto the motor? I want to be sure I get the right parts but it would seem logical to me that there may be bearings in both the motor and the housing. Also, it only seems to screech under load. When I took the housing end apart to see if there was a pebble or something stuck in there. I turned it on briefly when it was apart and it made no noise. I thought it was magically fixed but when I put it back together it started screeching again.

Thanks

My booster pump is screeching which appears to be bad bearings from my read of the forums. What I can't tell (I am probably just slow) is whether the bearings that need to be replaced are in the motor or in the pump that is bolted onto the motor? I want to be sure I get the right parts but it would seem logical to me that there may be bearings in both the motor and the housing. Also, it only seems to screech under load. When I took the housing end apart to see if there was a pebble or something stuck in there. I turned it on briefly when it was apart and it made no noise. I thought it was magically fixed but when I put it back together it started screeching again.

Thanks
Which booster pump? Bearings are always in the motor.

It is pretty old. If I replace, do I just replace the electrical motor side or the whole thing?

View attachment 479149
Pentair LA0-1N booster pump. Century motor - B668. Takes a different motor than the Polaris. You would need the motor, a PS-1000 seal, Pentair LA415 O ring. Possibly a new impeller if it ran dry and the impeller is damaged. Cost of parts with the motor is +/-$320.00. If the impeller is bad add another $35.00 or so. That same pump is available, new and complete, for $400.00 at one Amazon site: https://www.amazon.com/Pentair-LA01N-Single-Pressure-Side-Cleaner/dp/B0039POBW6

A new Polaris PB4-60 is on Amazon for $350.00:

You should get a new hose kit in the box with either of those as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.