PVC Ball valve wing handles breaking

The grey Pentair valves are PVC ... I think they are like the cheaper grey Jandy valves (although the Jandy are still CPVC)
The black Pentair valves are CPVC and more or less equivalent to the Jandy Neverlube ... similar lifetime warranties as well.

I am not sure, they sure are cheaper, but I do not know if the internals are just not as robust.

In areas that are very hot, or right after a heater, I think the CPVC is safer ... although by that logic, all the plumbing around solar should be CPVC ... so clearly I have no idea what I am talking about ;)

Reading the Pentair Brochure, it seems like the internals might be the same, but they have this note: *Use CPVC valves where air temperatures can reach 105°F.

Again by that logic, ALL of my plumbing should be CPVC due to the heat.

EDIT: It does look like the Jandy grey are more of a "lower-end" than the Neverlube, but that the Pentair grey are just PVC versions of the black CPVC.

I have resisted getting new valves up to now, I installed with the cheaper ball valves, and yes one of mine (I have 5 at about $5/piece) is getting very stiff, it's the one that sends flow to my panels (and is the most used). At the 20 and 24 dollar price, that might just be cheap enough for this cheapskate to purchase.

Sorry for the thread derail...

You know what. I just realized that when I ordered my valves, they sent me one of the grey ones by accident (I made them send me a black one as that is what I paid for). I do think the inner workings are identical, may have to find them and confirm.

It is not hijacking when the Mods do it :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.