Putting in a new liner

Jun 2, 2018
Newark,de
Recently bought a custom 26' by 52" beaded liner for agp that I've had since day 1. Took old liner off and where the pool is about 2 1/2 ft in ground on the front deckside buckled in towards the pool. Instead of fixing it before he put the new liner on he thought I'll just put the liner on and it will push it back. The problem among many is the liner fits fine in the back but it's to long where it buckled. A pool man came out and suggested that I fill it all the way and maybe it will straighten the wall. I just can't see that visually and don't want to cut a return and skimmer hole if it really needs adjusting. Plus the cove was gone and he just opened 4 bags of sand and threw it against the wall hoping to make a cove. I think I should empty it down, pull it back and try to fix the wall and cove. I just wanted to see if someone else sees it this way. Thank you Cathie

If the wall was buckled before it will buckle again - if i was paying someone I’d definitely have them drain & fix that before your holes get cut in your new liner. The cove washout may be the cause of the wall problem in the 1st place. Thats alot of water pressure & a risk of collapse in my opinion. Did the wall look good or was there rusting? I’ve seen people replace sections by cutting out the bad & bolting a new wall section in its place. You can also replace the entire wall if u can find it depending on age some manufacturers sell wall sections

I bought the pool in 95. The liner I just had made by Gli so that was really one main concern cutting it and then if I had to adjust it I would have holes where I don't want them. When you look at the seem around thebottom it goes circularthen way upbelow the bucklethen down My ex Husband would kick off the walls all the time and he was 220lbs you could feel and hear it. In your personal open would you make sure it was beefed up before cutt anything out?i do have plenty of steel and wielders and i might me able to to find 18 sections. Do you in your personal opinion think if th wall was straight and the cove in place the line would of matched fine?

If its just a slight dent it will probably be fine- that’s different from buckled - definitely repair the cove sand base it will probably make the most difference- use a hand tamp to pack it down (u can rent one @ lowes/home depot) otherwise the sand will be compressed by the water & become a problem again. Do you have a pic of the wall in question? That would help us know the severity.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.