Pureline SWG?

markayash

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 21, 2016
Atlanta Ga
I guess my question is if you have a SWG and your 1.5 times in size ( like they seem to recommend ) what percentage do you run yours at and for how long. I have never seen one and don't know if it has to work hard to provide enough chlorine or if it sits back at 20% idling most of the time..
One reason is if I run my pump a lot on low and have a 18K pool do I need a 30K SWG?

The reason for over sizing the unit is to extend the life of the cell. Most systems work on a 50% duty cycle - on half the time. They produce the same amount of chlorine when they are on, just reduce the on time. By running your pump at a speed sufficient to keep the flow switch on you can keep a steady supply (thus level) of chlorine to your pool. The cost difference between a 20K unit and a 30K unit is less than replacing the cell in four or five years. The CircuPool units are warranted for 7 years, so extending the cell to 12 or 14 years is a real bargain. Once you install your system, check your FC first thing in the morning for several days to see if it is keeping the chlorine level where you want it. Remember that in hot weather it may need adjusting. But it sure makes life and pool maintenance easier.

Reactions: markayash
The reason for over sizing the unit is to extend the life of the cell. Most systems work on a 50% duty cycle - on half the time. They produce the same amount of chlorine when they are on, just reduce the on time. By running your pump at a speed sufficient to keep the flow switch on you can keep a steady supply (thus level) of chlorine to your pool. The cost difference between a 20K unit and a 30K unit is less than replacing the cell in four or five years. The CircuPool units are warranted for 7 years, so extending the cell to 12 or 14 years is a real bargain. Once you install your system, check your FC first thing in the morning for several days to see if it is keeping the chlorine level where you want it. Remember that in hot weather it may need adjusting. But it sure makes life and pool maintenance easier.

Thanks that helps, the controller isn't putting more voltage to the cell it's cycling it on and off according to your settings :)

I was looking at Inyo for pricing and noticed they have a pureline brand that is priced well..The 40K is around around $650 with a "heavy duty" model for $750 but only has a 2 or 3 years warranty

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.