Purchase chemicals

Henry M

Silver Supporter
Oct 7, 2015
Coral Springs, Florida
I've not taken my pool water to be tested at a pool store for many years. I use the T-100 kit, and have been met with excellent results. When I do need to buy chemicals, I look on line and come across a gahzillion sites, all having a variety of brand names. Anyone know of a any sites that are true & tested, whose brands a dependable & trusted? Thanks very much.

About the only chemical I could imagine you could get online is Cyanuric Acid. There have been reports of members getting some via Amazon with great success and some with getting non-effective material.

I buy my CYA and MA at a local pool store. They have competitive prices. Their CYA price of $20 for 8 lbs is better than the big box stores. I could get MA a bit cheaper at the big box stores but not enough of a savings for the convenience.

I believe in supporting local stores when possible.

MA is the only thing I have not found online. I get my stabilizer and CH increaser from Amazon. Usually no tax on items bought online and TFP is set up as my charity through “Amazon Smile”...that’s a win win!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.