Pump wont start

Aug 1, 2016
Newberry, FL
I’ve noticed in the past threads when a person asks about why the pump won’t start it’s very dependent on the type and model of pump so I am starting a new thread. I have an Intex crystal clear 3000 gph sand filter pump model number SF80110. It’s about 3/4 years old, I have replace the on off rocker switch twice and it doesn’t feel like this is what the problem is. We did recently have a heavy thunderstorm.I have checked the main breakers in the house for the outlet that it is plugged into, I have checked the safety trip switch on the end of the electrical cord that is plugged in to a GFI dedicated outdoor outlet. I have also checked the GFI outlet. So, I’m wondering is there a fuse in the pump and if so where because I can’t find any information in the owners manual. Help....

Intex pumps and packages are a little unique because they are basically low-cost, entry-level products and often times not worth the repair expense. As such, many parts aren't even available. But you might try reviewing some of the threads in the link below. You might find something that helps.

Intex pumps and packages are a little unique because they are basically low-cost, entry-level products and often times not worth the repair expense. As such, many parts aren't even available. But you might try reviewing some of the threads in the link below. You might find something that helps.

Can you recomend a pump that wont break the bank but give best bang for the buck ;) I am willing to pay for quality but cant afford high end. Also I will need to be replacing my entire above ground pool this fall.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.