Pump Wiring for 230volt vs 120volts

TheSadClown

Jan 22, 2020
Surf City, NC
Hello,
I just swapped my pentair superflo to a pentair intelliflo and before I power on anything I need to verify that my old pump was wired for 230volts. What is the most straightforward way to check this? If I do have 120volt setup how hard is it to wire in the pump to run at 230volts? Im not an electrician but I can do the wiring, I just need to know the process.

Post a pic of your pump CB.

Like the pump itself? When I swapped out the superflow to the intelliflow they both had the exact same wires and the exact same terminals. There was a L1 and a L2 connector with a single ground. I simply swapped the same wires to the new pump but havent turned it on yet until I verify that its voltage wiring is correct.

Is the circuit breaker a single or double?

Are the power wires black and white or black and black or black and red?

If you have a multimeter, you can check the voltage directly with the wires disconnected from the pump.

Is the circuit breaker a single or double?

Are the power wires black and white or black and black or black and red?

If you have a multimeter, you can check the voltage directly with the wires disconnected from the pump.

the power wires are both black with a single green ground. I will need to check the breaker, everything is tied into my easytocuh 4 which also powers my intellichor 60

99.9% that it's 240 volts.

Check the circuit breaker to confirm.

I always like to check the actual voltage with a multimeter just to be sure that it's what you think it is.

Do you have a multimeter?

If not, you need to get one if you're going to be doing this type of work.

Reactions: jimmythegreek
99.9% that it's 240 volts.

Check the circuit breaker to confirm.

I always like to check the actual voltage with a multimeter just to be sure that it's what you think it is.

Do you have a multimeter?

If not, you need to get one if you're going to be doing this type of work.

Yea I have a few hundred dollar Fluke kit,

The pump is wired into a 2-post breaker which is basically 2 120volt breaker correct?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A double breaker should be 240. I would still confirm the actual voltage just to be sure.

Even if you know the voltage is 240, you want to make sure that it's within spec and not too high or too low.

For example, if the reading was 220 or 250, it could indicate a power supply problem.

A double breaker should be 240. I would still confirm the actual voltage just to be sure.

Even if you know the voltage is 240, you want to make sure that it's within spec and not too high or too low.

For example, if the reading was 220 or 250, it could indicate a power supply problem.
Also do you happen to know if I need a relay to plug directly into the motherboard plug labeled intelliflow

TSC,

The IntelliFlo is never wired to a relay, it gets constant power when connected to an automation system.

The RS-485 cable is wired the same way ScreenLogic is wired except there are only data lines no power lines.. Green to green and Yellow to yellow..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: jimmythegreek
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.